- Architec Gripper Bamboo Cutting Board. Light, Natural consistent grain.
- Non- Slip rubber feet injected into the wood using a patented heat pressure process.
- Made of laminated strips of bamboo, a renewable resource.
- As strong or stronger than wood and it won't harm knives.
- Measures 10 by 14 inches. Hand wash only.
Architec is hopping on the green bandwagon by implementing elements in both its manufacturing process and end products. One of their new lines consists of products made from bamboo. A quick-growing grass, bamboo is renewable and tree-saving, with many of the same attributes as wood. The Gripper cutting board, for example, made of laminated strips of bamboo, is strong and durable, won't absorb moisture, and won't harm knives. The glue used in the lamination process is food-safe. Soft rubber pads, securely anchored beneath each corner without glue, grip the 11-by-14-inch board to the counter to prevent slipping during use. After use, simply wash The Gripper by hand.
Look for other sizes of Architec bamboo cutting boards, as well as innovative cork cutting boards. Removal of cork bark doesn't hurt the tree, which keeps growing and producing more bark. All good news for the planet. --Ann Bieri
Available at Amazon.com:
Architec The Gripper Bamboo Cutting Board, 10 by 14-Inch