- Bamboo is a renewable resource, making this an environmentally sound choice
- Bamboo is 16% harder and more durable than maple.
- Only food-safe, formaldehyde-free glue is used in assembly
- No dyes or stains are used -- color is permanent and will not fade or wash out
- Made with premium, hand selected bamboo -- variety chosen is neither a food source nor a habitat for the Giant Panda
From the original bamboo cutting board company, Totally Bamboo, this utensil holder is a beautiful, functional, ecologically sound addition to any kitchen. Bamboo is actually a grass that grows to a harvestable height of 60 feet in about 3 to 5 years, growing as much as 2 feet per day. It has an extensive root system that continually sends up new shoots, naturally replenishing itself. It does not require replanting, making it one of the most renewable resources known. Totally Bamboo uses 'Moso' timber bamboo which is neither a food source nor a habitat for the Giant Panda. Totally Bamboo's utensil holders are assembled with approved food-grade glue -- none of their products are made with formaldehyde-based glue. No dyes or stains are used in the manufacturing process. The pleasing designs are created by using the naturally occurring variations within the wood grain. Totally Bamboo prides itself on using only premium hand-selected bamboo, innovative design, exemplary craftmanship, and fair labor policies.
Available at Amazon.com:
Totally Bamboo Utensil Holder, Large