'New Energy for America' Plan
During his inauguration speech on Tuesday, President Barack Obama made several references to the environment and global warming. Details of Obama's environmental plans have been documented in his "New Energy for America" Plan. Some highlights of the plan include:
- Create 5 million new jobs in the clean energy field.
- Generate 10% of electricity from renewable resources by 2012.
- Generate 25% of electricity from renewable resources by 2025.
- Tougher fuel economy standards.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions.